Yes, we’re still discovering new dinosaurs!
A predator, carnivore, 2-legged animal, Siats Meekerorum may have looked and behaved a lot like a Tyrannosaurus Rex, but it lived in a much earlier time period, and was not closely related. What in evolution would cause the similarity? And why did this one particular person become a scientist? Listen to find out on this podcast episode of SciWorks Radio.
Here are some related links.
- What is a dinosaur is (for kids).
- late Cretaceous (more dino times).
- Most dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (Learn about geologic time).
- Siats is from a completely different group of predators then tyrannosaurs are; Carcharodontosauridae.
- convergent evolution.
- And so Siats, it was the man eating monster. Meekerorum was chosen to honor the Meeker family for Their contributions helping young scientist.